In Person Worship at 9:00AM!
(But we will also continue to stream,
directions on the UMCHP.com home page,
at 9 and 11 AM as well)
Due to COVID-19 and our efforts to try to keep everyone safe and healthy, we have to limit our worship space to and estimated 50 to 60 people on a Sunday. In order to help us coordinate, plan and determine exposure, we would like to know if you will be physically present at worship or streaming the service as usual. Below are our expectations if you decide to worship with us in person and a reservation form to help us to prepare the worship space to keep everyone healthy, safe, and engaged in focusing on worship rather than worrying about the virus.
In person worship service time:
Live AND YouTube, in Person: 9:00AM, starting Sunday, July 12, 2020
This is the only service that will be open to attend in person. Why? Because we need to have time to disinfect and wipe down all surfaces in the Sanctuary. Disinfecting the worship space will take place in the week between worship services.
Rebroadcast of live service on YouTube will take place every Sunday at 11:00AM for those of you who like to get a little more sleep.
Worship preparation checklist:
- Bring your face mask
- Be prepared to social distance by 6 feet
- Bring a sweater- it will be cool to start off, but we will be turning the air handlers off so as not to circulate the air in order for gravity to do its job in keeping us safe, so it will get a little warmer toward the end of the service.
- Use hand sanitizer before and after entering the sanctuary, and/or wash your hands.
- Let the ushers help you by opening doors and serving you.
- If you don't feel well, please rest at home and stream the service at either 9:00AM or 11:00AM.
- If you are a member of an "at risk" population, please consider streaming at either 9 or 11 AM from home.
Just a quick reminder that we are still in the process of tweaking and tuning our resumption of in person services. Please help us to perfect what we are doing by offering constructive evaluations and suggestions. A lot of thought and planning has gone into this important time, and we thank everyone for their patience and endurance.
Policies and Procedures for Onsite Worship: